Damnsle Inthis-Dress

poety, rants, and self-loathing self-acceptance...what could be more fun difficult annoying ridiculous outrageous?

My Photo
Name:
Location: NW OH

Je pense, donc je doute. Je suis. Je pense.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Who the hell knows

Well, obviously this isn't going to be an everyday thing, or even (apparently) an every week thing for me. Just when I think I've got my shit together and I going to start to be positive - WHAM! I'm knocked back down again and all I want to do is sit and stare at the walls while listening to the most depressing music I can find. Riots in France (two weeks!), death toll rising fast in the middle east, Bush still in the White House, and it's so hard to find anything good happening anywhere in the world. And all I can do is sit and wonder why everyone is so filled with hate. Remember Rodney King? Obviously, I don't know the man, but I was wondering today... Remember when he said "Can't we all just get along?" and we all (you know you did too) made fun of him for it? Why did we make fun of him for saying that? Why was a plea for peace such a foolish idea? Was it just the semi-whiney half-crying tone he used (or at least, that's how I seem to remember it) that set everyone off, or was it the concept itself? Really, was the sentiment so worthy of our derision that the mocking still lives on? Seriously, go up to anyone and say "can't we all just get along", and you'll be met with gales of laughter. Why CAN'T we get along? Why is everyone so mad at each other? And why can't I do anything about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home