Damnsle Inthis-Dress

poety, rants, and self-loathing self-acceptance...what could be more fun difficult annoying ridiculous outrageous?

My Photo
Name:
Location: NW OH

Je pense, donc je doute. Je suis. Je pense.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

My love/hate relationship with the Science Channel

i feel myself slamming
in
and out:

BAM!
the galaxy will explode one day
WHAM!
you won’t be attractive unless you buy *this*
POW!
comets are careening all around us
SLAM!
what am I going to wear tomorrow?
CRASH!
The universe is imploding
SMASH!
i really have to clean the house
TICK!
string theory!
TOCK!
rent is due!
WHOOSH!
cosmic wide-view lens!
THUD!
every day minutiae.

back and forth
to and fro
all minute long...

how am i supposed to know
what to focus on
when the universe won’t stand still
and let me think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home